10. Oct 30, 2015 - Explore Theodore Bolton's board "Afrotexan - Texas Historical Markers", followed by 664 people on Pinterest. APPLICATION FORM FOR OFFICIAL TEXAS HISTORICAL MARKER TEXAS HISTORICAL COMMISSION P. O. Please note that applying for a marker is highly competitive, all required components must be included when submitting an application. Application materials submitted to the Texas Historical Commission requesting a historic marker for the O. W. Parker Ranch Headquarters, in Iraan, Texas. Box 12276, Austin, Texas 78711 4 , A written history, signed by the author, must accompany this form before it will be accepted. The commission shall designate an approved marker as an Official Texas Historical Marker. Bay City Bandstand Old Bay City Bank Bay City … Bldg., Campos of Texas, Southmost College, 80 Fort Brown, The end of Sabal Palm Road running south of FM 1792. From Dexter, take County Road 103 north about 4 miles to Sycamore Creek Ranch gate. Austin, Texas Erected 1976 by Texas Historical Commission. 200 South Main Street, in front of city hall, Panhandle. Intersection of Dixon and Pecan Streets, Gainesville. (previous page) "Courthouse under the Oaks" historical marker, Athens, TX IMG 0577.JPG 4,320 × 3,240; 3.25 MB. E. of Alto, near intersection of Hwy 21 & FM 2708, At intersection of North and Washington streets, inside school building. Rio Vista Farm - Texas Historical Markers on Waymarking.com. 9179 Photos. Guides to Historic Spanish Missions, Texas Masonic Historical Markers, the Republic of Texas, Texas in the Civil War, Texas Baptist Churches, and Texas Cemeteries. Application materials submitted to the Texas Historical Commission requesting a historic marker for the The Comparette Home, in Kerrville, Texas. until it dead ends. And now there's an app to help you find them! Photos of Historical Markers from around the great State of Texas. McDade, Brenham lawyer. 48 talking about this. Download .shp file . List of Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks (Hunt-Martin), containing the counties of Hunt, Hutchinson, Irion, Jack, Jackson, Jasper, Jeff Davis, Jefferson, Jim Hogg, Jim Wells, Johnson, Jones, Karnes, Kaufman, Kendall, Kenedy, Kent, Kerr, Kimble, King, Kinney, Kleberg, Knox, La Salle, Lamar, Lamb, Lampasas, Lavaca, Lee, Leon, Liberty, Limestone, Lipscomb, Live Oak, Llano, Loving, Lubbock, Lynn, … It is now in Dow Park in Deer Park, where an Oct. 20 ceremony will dedicate a Texas Historical Marker for the headstone. 12 miles south on SH 16 to Mt. Pioneer Memorial Building (Hank Smith House). County Courthouses. To access the property, there is a dirt road on an easement off of State Hwy 46. Jim Hogg County Datei L 1. OFFICIAL TEXAS HISTORICAL MARKER TYPES AND SIZES (There is a $100 application fee in addition to the prices listed below) *Due to possible increases in shipping and material costs, marker prices are subject to change. View waymark gallery. 2020 Historical Markers Program Work Plan (PDF), 2021 Historical Markers Program Work Plan (PDF), Official Texas Historical Marker Procedures (PDF) (for new marker applications), Official Texas Historical Marker Policies (PDF) (for existing and new markers), 2020 Amendment Relocation Replacement Retirement Procedures (PDF) (for existing markers). Choose your favorite texas historical markers designs and purchase them as wall art, … Bowie St., between Spring & Washington Sts. That is why Marker Guide will display your current county right at the top of the very first screen. Beginning on the morning of July 29th, groups of armed white men shot and killed Black residents. Topics. Celebrating 60 Years of Preserving Texas Treasures, Curatorial Facility for Artifact Research, Finding and Hiring a Preservation Consultant, Economic Impact of Historic Preservation in Texas, Official Texas Historical Marker Procedures, Official Texas Historical Marker Policies, 2020 Amendment Relocation Replacement Retirement Procedures (PDF), History of State of Texas Historical Markers, Information for County Historical Commissions, Refinishing Official Texas Historical Markers. The Texas Historical Commission has recognized the Covington Cemetery as a significant part of Texas history by awarding it an Official Texas Historical Marker. Landmarks with multiple historic designations are colored according to their highest designation within the following hierarchy. The materials include the inscription text of the marker, original application, narrative, newspaper clippings, and photographs. This historical marker recognizes the Slocum Massacre of 1910. After working on this project for over 18 years, it is a bitter sweet moment to see the finished product. House is located on private property on the south side of the highway. Restaurants near Fort Wolters - Texas State Historical Marker: (0.35 mi) Woody's (1.11 mi) Mesquite Pit (0.51 mi) Subway (1.92 mi) Jimmys Cafe (1.76 mi) Braum's; View all restaurants near Fort Wolters - Texas State Historical Marker on Tripadvisor $ Click on marker for larger view. In 1900 the Texas & New Orleans Railroad built a line through this area and plotted a townsite here on land owned by Frankie Miller. Texas Historical Markers Map has a variety pictures that amalgamated to find out the most recent pictures of Texas Historical Markers Map here, and then you can acquire the pictures through our best texas historical markers map collection. The marker was erected in 1981 by the Texas Historical Commission. Pending Markers . south Cooper, off Liberty Grove Road, northeast corner of Hickory and Cedar Streets, From Loop 288 go east on US 380 0.4 miles to the intersection of US 380 and Cooper Creek Road; North on Cooper Creek Road 0.5 Miles to the intersection of Cooper Creek Road and Fish Trap Road; Straight on Fish Trap Road (Cooper Creek Road turns left) 0.1, bounded by Hickory, Locust, Oak, Elm Streets, south side of Congress between Denton St. and Mounts Ave., north end of DISD's Calhoun Middle School Complex. These many pictures of Historical Markers In Texas Map list may become your inspiration and informational purpose. The materials include the inscription text of the marker, original application, narrative, and photographs. If your cemetery has been designated as historic through our Cemetery Preservation program and you wish to purchase a non-interpretive historical plaque, then you can submit the form below. TX Historical Markers is a location based, interactive reference to over 14,000 Texas Historical Markers based on data from the Texas Historical Commission. Southeast corner of W Oak St & Welch, A0996a, E Puchalski TR 28B. Features include the ability to search the markers database by marker number, description, title, city, state, zip and county. Application materials submitted to the Texas Historical Commission requesting a historic marker for the Hotel Viggo, in Hebbronville, Texas. Corpus Christi Cathedral. in Yorktown, take SH 119 northwest to city limits, make a left (south) and follow Laval road about 1/4 mile in Westside Cemetery, 307 North Gonzales Street, Courthouse Square, Cuero, (private) from Yorktown, go west about 2.7 miles from west limit (take private drive south .5 mile), Knights of Pythias Hall, Jewel Lodge No. N 31° 39.689 W 106° 15.954. This page includes RTHLs in these counties: Cameron, Camp, Carson, Cass, Castro, Chambers, Cherokee, Childress, Clay, Cochran, Coke, Coleman, Collin, Collingsworth, Colorado, Comal, Comanche, Concho, Cooke, Coryell, Cottle, Crane, Crockett, Crosby, Culberson, Dallam, Dallas, Dawson, DeWitt, Deaf Smith, Delta, Denton, Dickens, Dimmit, Donley, and Duval. Pages for historical markers from this state make up 5.9% of our total. From Oglesby, take FM 185 northwest about 9 mi. Location: Texas, United States. Note: For an interpretive historical marker for the cemetery, please submit an HTC Application during the regular Spring application period (see section above to download HTC Marker Application when available). Historical Markers in McDade Texas. The historical marker process in Texas begins at the county level. Historical Markers Stopping Points. Posted by: ggmorton. Texas historical markers, maps, history, local information, and other points of interest. 690 Mission Valley Road (about 4 mi. Lodge Building, Main Street and 5th Street (Main Street was designated FM 720 until 2000), Chestnut Square (corner of Chestnut and Anthony Streets), McKinney, 301 N. Ballard (FM 3412) at the corner of Ballard and Jefferson Sts., Wylie, Walnut Grove Cemetery, E. First St. near N. Custer Rd. 214, A.F. West Leon Street at Leon River, Gatesville, 4 blocks square between 8th and 10th streets, 20 miles NW of Crane via US 385 and FM 1233, on private property 3/4 mile down RR, on Avenue D, near corner of Avenue D and 11th Street, Ozona, 2 miles east of Iraan on US 190, then 2 miles north on CR 310, on Courthouse Square, corner of Avenue D and Waterworks Drive, corner of 6th and Avenue E (SH 163) Ozona. by stevesheriw. The historical marker process in Texas begins at the county level. This red Texas granite building, in Renaissance Revival style, closely resembles the Texas State Capital with the exception of the clock tower. 1885 church was a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. Rio Vista Farm. .mw-parser-output .geo-default,.mw-parser-output .geo-dms,.mw-parser-output .geo-dec{display:inline}.mw-parser-output .geo-nondefault,.mw-parser-output .geo-multi-punct{display:none}.mw-parser-output .longitude,.mw-parser-output .latitude{white-space:nowrap}25°54′15″N 97°29′43″W / 25.90417°N 97.49528°W / 25.90417; -97.49528, 25°54′19″N 97°29′34″W / 25.90528°N 97.49278°W / 25.90528; -97.49278, 25°54′14″N 97°30′15″W / 25.90389°N 97.50417°W / 25.90389; -97.50417, 26°4′40″N 97°12′51″W / 26.07778°N 97.21417°W / 26.07778; -97.21417, 26°14′8″N 97°35′5″W / 26.23556°N 97.58472°W / 26.23556; -97.58472, 25°54′13″N 97°30′19″W / 25.90361°N 97.50528°W / 25.90361; -97.50528, 25°54′19″N 97°30′5″W / 25.90528°N 97.50139°W / 25.90528; -97.50139, 25°54′23″N 97°30′22″W / 25.90639°N 97.50611°W / 25.90639; -97.50611, 25°54′46″N 97°30′44″W / 25.91278°N 97.51222°W / 25.91278; -97.51222, 25°54′12″N 97°29′47″W / 25.90333°N 97.49639°W / 25.90333; -97.49639, 25°53′48″N 97°29′19″W / 25.89667°N 97.48861°W / 25.89667; -97.48861, 25°54′21″N 97°30′3″W / 25.90583°N 97.50083°W / 25.90583; -97.50083, 25°54′38″N 97°30′28″W / 25.91056°N 97.50778°W / 25.91056; -97.50778, 25°54′26″N 97°30′6″W / 25.90722°N 97.50167°W / 25.90722; -97.50167, 25°54′31″N 97°30′16″W / 25.90861°N 97.50444°W / 25.90861; -97.50444, 25°53′54″N 97°29′29″W / 25.89833°N 97.49139°W / 25.89833; -97.49139, 25°54′15″N 97°29′43″W / 25.90417°N 97.49528°W / 25.90417; -97.49528, 25°54′4″N 97°29′35″W / 25.90111°N 97.49306°W / 25.90111; -97.49306, 25°54′34″N 97°30′26″W / 25.90944°N 97.50722°W / 25.90944; -97.50722, 26°8′5″N 97°37′39″W / 26.13472°N 97.62750°W / 26.13472; -97.62750, 25°53′54″N 97°29′31″W / 25.89833°N 97.49194°W / 25.89833; -97.49194, 25°54′58″N 97°30′33″W / 25.91611°N 97.50917°W / 25.91611; -97.50917, 26°13′1″N 97°40′5″W / 26.21694°N 97.66806°W / 26.21694; -97.66806, 25°55′6″N 97°30′56″W / 25.91833°N 97.51556°W / 25.91833; -97.51556, 25°55′10″N 97°30′52″W / 25.91944°N 97.51444°W / 25.91944; -97.51444, 25°55′15″N 97°29′43″W / 25.92083°N 97.49528°W / 25.92083; -97.49528, 25°54′3″N 97°29′47″W / 25.90083°N 97.49639°W / 25.90083; -97.49639, 26°11′14″N 97°41′18″W / 26.18722°N 97.68833°W / 26.18722; -97.68833, 25°54′9″N 97°29′45″W / 25.90250°N 97.49583°W / 25.90250; -97.49583, 25°54′8″N 97°29′49″W / 25.90222°N 97.49694°W / 25.90222; -97.49694, 25°54′21″N 97°30′11″W / 25.90583°N 97.50306°W / 25.90583; -97.50306, 25°55′46″N 97°29′22″W / 25.92944°N 97.48944°W / 25.92944; -97.48944, 26°12′36″N 97°44′3″W / 26.21000°N 97.73417°W / 26.21000; -97.73417, 25°54′17″N 97°29′49″W / 25.90472°N 97.49694°W / 25.90472; -97.49694, 26°2′37″N 97°41′44″W / 26.04361°N 97.69556°W / 26.04361; -97.69556, 25°53′56″N 97°29′34″W / 25.89889°N 97.49278°W / 25.89889; -97.49278, 26°13′0″N 97°40′3″W / 26.21667°N 97.66750°W / 26.21667; -97.66750, 25°54′6″N 97°29′50″W / 25.90167°N 97.49722°W / 25.90167; -97.49722, 25°54′33″N 97°30′23″W / 25.90917°N 97.50639°W / 25.90917; -97.50639, 25°55′8″N 97°29′52″W / 25.91889°N 97.49778°W / 25.91889; -97.49778, 25°53′54″N 97°29′33″W / 25.89833°N 97.49250°W / 25.89833; -97.49250, 25°53′55″N 97°29′30″W / 25.89861°N 97.49167°W / 25.89861; -97.49167, 25°53′39″N 97°29′43″W / 25.89417°N 97.49528°W / 25.89417; -97.49528, 26°4′29″N 97°50′17″W / 26.07472°N 97.83806°W / 26.07472; -97.83806, 25°55′1″N 97°29′51″W / 25.91694°N 97.49750°W / 25.91694; -97.49750, 25°53′55″N 97°29′32″W / 25.89861°N 97.49222°W / 25.89861; -97.49222, 25°54′9″N 97°29′51″W / 25.90250°N 97.49750°W / 25.90250; -97.49750, 25°51′9″N 97°25′3″W / 25.85250°N 97.41750°W / 25.85250; -97.41750, 25°55′2″N 97°29′38″W / 25.91722°N 97.49389°W / 25.91722; -97.49389, 26°9′21″N 97°49′38″W / 26.15583°N 97.82722°W / 26.15583; -97.82722, 25°54′13″N 97°30′14″W / 25.90361°N 97.50389°W / 25.90361; -97.50389, 25°54′17″N 97°30′9″W / 25.90472°N 97.50250°W / 25.90472; -97.50250, 26°7′52″N 97°37′59″W / 26.13111°N 97.63306°W / 26.13111; -97.63306, 25°54′3″N 97°29′52″W / 25.90083°N 97.49778°W / 25.90083; -97.49778, 26°11′33″N 97°41′47″W / 26.19250°N 97.69639°W / 26.19250; -97.69639, 25°54′27″N 97°29′57″W / 25.90750°N 97.49917°W / 25.90750; -97.49917, 26°7′50″N 97°38′9″W / 26.13056°N 97.63583°W / 26.13056; -97.63583, 25°54′0″N 97°29′52″W / 25.90000°N 97.49778°W / 25.90000; -97.49778, 25°54′29″N 97°30′10″W / 25.90806°N 97.50278°W / 25.90806; -97.50278, 26°7′51″N 97°38′0″W / 26.13083°N 97.63333°W / 26.13083; -97.63333, 25°54′9″N 97°29′40″W / 25.90250°N 97.49444°W / 25.90250; -97.49444, 25°54′2″N 97°29′50″W / 25.90056°N 97.49722°W / 25.90056; -97.49722, 32°59′56″N 94°58′24″W / 32.99889°N 94.97333°W / 32.99889; -94.97333, 32°59′46″N 94°57′57″W / 32.99611°N 94.96583°W / 32.99611; -94.96583, 32°59′43″N 94°58′9″W / 32.99528°N 94.96917°W / 32.99528; -94.96917, 32°59′47″N 94°57′59″W / 32.99639°N 94.96639°W / 32.99639; -94.96639, 32°59′51″N 94°57′58″W / 32.99750°N 94.96611°W / 32.99750; -94.96611, 32°59′38″N 94°58′23″W / 32.99389°N 94.97306°W / 32.99389; -94.97306, 32°59′57″N 94°58′22″W / 32.99917°N 94.97278°W / 32.99917; -94.97278, 32°59′43″N 94°58′3″W / 32.99528°N 94.96750°W / 32.99528; -94.96750, 35°20′28″N 101°22′39″W / 35.34111°N 101.37750°W / 35.34111; -101.37750, 35°25′57″N 101°10′18″W / 35.43250°N 101.17167°W / 35.43250; -101.17167, 35°25′59″N 101°10′19″W / 35.43306°N 101.17194°W / 35.43306; -101.17194, 35°24′6″N 101°9′55″W / 35.40167°N 101.16528°W / 35.40167; -101.16528, 35°20′46″N 101°22′49″W / 35.34611°N 101.38028°W / 35.34611; -101.38028, 35°18′38″N 101°27′41″W / 35.31056°N 101.46139°W / 35.31056; -101.46139, 33°0′40″N 94°21′54″W / 33.01111°N 94.36500°W / 33.01111; -94.36500, 33°6′0″N 94°13′47″W / 33.10000°N 94.22972°W / 33.10000; -94.22972, 32°56′40″N 94°14′57″W / 32.94444°N 94.24917°W / 32.94444; -94.24917, 33°8′59″N 94°8′50″W / 33.14972°N 94.14722°W / 33.14972; -94.14722, 32°53′6″N 94°19′47″W / 32.88500°N 94.32972°W / 32.88500; -94.32972, 33°3′11″N 94°23′46″W / 33.05306°N 94.39611°W / 33.05306; -94.39611, 33°6′49″N 94°9′23″W / 33.11361°N 94.15639°W / 33.11361; -94.15639, 34°33′22″N 102°19′1″W / 34.55611°N 102.31694°W / 34.55611; -102.31694, 34°44′45″N 102°25′30″W / 34.74583°N 102.42500°W / 34.74583; -102.42500, 29°46′15″N 94°41′55″W / 29.77083°N 94.69861°W / 29.77083; -94.69861, 31°57′35″N 95°16′28″W / 31.95972°N 95.27444°W / 31.95972; -95.27444, 31°57′12″N 95°15′54″W / 31.95333°N 95.26500°W / 31.95333; -95.26500, 31°47′44″N 95°9′0″W / 31.79556°N 95.15000°W / 31.79556; -95.15000, 31°55′6″N 95°14′18″W / 31.91833°N 95.23833°W / 31.91833; -95.23833, 31°47′41″N 95°8′39″W / 31.79472°N 95.14417°W / 31.79472; -95.14417, 31°47′44″N 95°8′31″W / 31.79556°N 95.14194°W / 31.79556; -95.14194, 31°58′2″N 95°15′50″W / 31.96722°N 95.26389°W / 31.96722; -95.26389, 31°58′2″N 95°16′50″W / 31.96722°N 95.28056°W / 31.96722; -95.28056, 31°47′39″N 95°8′59″W / 31.79417°N 95.14972°W / 31.79417; -95.14972, 34°25′26″N 100°12′29″W / 34.42389°N 100.20806°W / 34.42389; -100.20806, 34°25′14″N 100°13′0″W / 34.42056°N 100.21667°W / 34.42056; -100.21667, 34°25′38″N 100°13′0″W / 34.42722°N 100.21667°W / 34.42722; -100.21667, 34°25′22″N 100°12′22″W / 34.42278°N 100.20611°W / 34.42278; -100.20611, 33°48′59″N 98°11′50″W / 33.81639°N 98.19722°W / 33.81639; -98.19722, 34°3′54″N 98°11′43″W / 34.06500°N 98.19528°W / 34.06500; -98.19528, 33°48′58″N 98°11′45″W / 33.81611°N 98.19583°W / 33.81611; -98.19583, 33°49′35″N 98°11′39″W / 33.82639°N 98.19417°W / 33.82639; -98.19417, 33°39′36″N 98°10′5″W / 33.66000°N 98.16806°W / 33.66000; -98.16806, 33°48′54″N 98°11′42″W / 33.81500°N 98.19500°W / 33.81500; -98.19500, 33°43′26″N 102°45′37″W / 33.72389°N 102.76028°W / 33.72389; -102.76028, 33°36′1″N 102°36′52″W / 33.60028°N 102.61444°W / 33.60028; -102.61444, 33°41′19″N 102°46′15″W / 33.68861°N 102.77083°W / 33.68861; -102.77083, 33°43′34″N 102°45′32″W / 33.72611°N 102.75889°W / 33.72611; -102.75889, 31°53′14″N 100°17′42″W / 31.88722°N 100.29500°W / 31.88722; -100.29500, 31°53′44″N 100°29′8″W / 31.89556°N 100.48556°W / 31.89556; -100.48556, 31°53′37″N 100°29′11″W / 31.89361°N 100.48639°W / 31.89361; -100.48639, 30°0′31″N 100°31′27″W / 30.00861°N 100.52417°W / 30.00861; -100.52417, 31°49′46″N 99°25′37″W / 31.82944°N 99.42694°W / 31.82944; -99.42694, 31°53′0″N 99°15′36″W / 31.88333°N 99.26000°W / 31.88333; -99.26000, 31°45′14″N 99°33′47″W / 31.75389°N 99.56306°W / 31.75389; -99.56306, 31°49′55″N 99°25′22″W / 31.83194°N 99.42278°W / 31.83194; -99.42278, 31°58′6″N 99°39′3″W / 31.96833°N 99.65083°W / 31.96833; -99.65083, 31°44′21″N 99°19′19″W / 31.73917°N 99.32194°W / 31.73917; -99.32194, 31°54′29″N 99°15′37″W / 31.90806°N 99.26028°W / 31.90806; -99.26028, 31°45′9″N 99°20′48″W / 31.75250°N 99.34667°W / 31.75250; -99.34667, 31°44′34″N 99°19′47″W / 31.74278°N 99.32972°W / 31.74278; -99.32972, 33°11′52″N 96°36′48″W / 33.19778°N 96.61333°W / 33.19778; -96.61333, 33°11′51″N 96°36′55″W / 33.19750°N 96.61528°W / 33.19750; -96.61528, 33°1′8″N 96°43′52″W / 33.01889°N 96.73111°W / 33.01889; -96.73111, 33°11′57″N 96°37′15″W / 33.19917°N 96.62083°W / 33.19917; -96.62083, 33°9′49″N 96°21′33″W / 33.16361°N 96.35917°W / 33.16361; -96.35917, 33°11′51″N 96°37′21″W / 33.19750°N 96.62250°W / 33.19750; -96.62250, 33°11′36″N 96°37′19″W / 33.19333°N 96.62194°W / 33.19333; -96.62194, 33°1′0″N 96°32′23″W / 33.01667°N 96.53972°W / 33.01667; -96.53972, 33°11′57″N 96°37′12″W / 33.19917°N 96.62000°W / 33.19917; -96.62000, 33°11′58″N 96°37′15″W / 33.19944°N 96.62083°W / 33.19944; -96.62083, 33°11′48″N 96°36′56″W / 33.19667°N 96.61556°W / 33.19667; -96.61556, 33°11′28″N 96°37′7″W / 33.19111°N 96.61861°W / 33.19111; -96.61861, 33°11′53″N 96°36′23″W / 33.19806°N 96.60639°W / 33.19806; -96.60639, 33°8′37″N 96°50′3″W / 33.14361°N 96.83417°W / 33.14361; -96.83417, 33°11′40″N 96°37′20″W / 33.19444°N 96.62222°W / 33.19444; -96.62222, 33°12′13″N 96°37′15″W / 33.20361°N 96.62083°W / 33.20361; -96.62083, 33°12′1″N 96°37′6″W / 33.20028°N 96.61833°W / 33.20028; -96.61833, 33°11′41″N 96°36′46″W / 33.19472°N 96.61278°W / 33.19472; -96.61278, 33°11′40″N 96°36′46″W / 33.19444°N 96.61278°W / 33.19444; -96.61278, 33°11′52″N 96°37′15″W / 33.19778°N 96.62083°W / 33.19778; -96.62083, 33°12′16″N 96°37′15″W / 33.20444°N 96.62083°W / 33.20444; -96.62083, 33°9′45″N 96°21′41″W / 33.16250°N 96.36139°W / 33.16250; -96.36139, 33°9′55″N 96°21′35″W / 33.16528°N 96.35972°W / 33.16528; -96.35972, 33°11′51″N 96°36′53″W / 33.19750°N 96.61472°W / 33.19750; -96.61472, 33°12′0″N 96°37′16″W / 33.20000°N 96.62111°W / 33.20000; -96.62111, 32°59′22″N 96°49′24″W / 32.98944°N 96.82333°W / 32.98944; -96.82333, 33°1′12″N 96°42′1″W / 33.02000°N 96.70028°W / 33.02000; -96.70028, 33°11′50″N 96°37′36″W / 33.19722°N 96.62667°W / 33.19722; -96.62667, 33°11′55″N 96°37′0″W / 33.19861°N 96.61667°W / 33.19861; -96.61667, 32°59′11″N 96°41′58″W / 32.98639°N 96.69944°W / 32.98639; -96.69944, 33°9′50″N 96°21′25″W / 33.16389°N 96.35694°W / 33.16389; -96.35694, 33°11′41″N 96°37′22″W / 33.19472°N 96.62278°W / 33.19472; -96.62278, 33°11′58″N 96°37′14″W / 33.19944°N 96.62056°W / 33.19944; -96.62056, 33°12′14″N 96°37′15″W / 33.20389°N 96.62083°W / 33.20389; -96.62083, 33°11′44″N 96°37′6″W / 33.19556°N 96.61833°W / 33.19556; -96.61833, 33°22′17″N 96°40′47″W / 33.37139°N 96.67972°W / 33.37139; -96.67972, 33°11′40″N 96°36′45″W / 33.19444°N 96.61250°W / 33.19444; -96.61250, 33°11′40″N 96°37′18″W / 33.19444°N 96.62167°W / 33.19444; -96.62167, 33°12′1″N 96°37′17″W / 33.20028°N 96.62139°W / 33.20028; -96.62139, 33°11′21″N 96°37′20″W / 33.18917°N 96.62222°W / 33.18917; -96.62222, 33°11′49″N 96°37′15″W / 33.19694°N 96.62083°W / 33.19694; -96.62083, 33°11′52″N 96°36′59″W / 33.19778°N 96.61639°W / 33.19778; -96.61639, 33°17′11″N 96°34′19″W / 33.28639°N 96.57194°W / 33.28639; -96.57194, 33°1′0″N 96°36′49″W / 33.01667°N 96.61361°W / 33.01667; -96.61361, 33°1′15″N 96°42′12″W / 33.02083°N 96.70333°W / 33.02083; -96.70333, 33°1′12″N 96°42′3″W / 33.02000°N 96.70083°W / 33.02000; -96.70083, 33°17′15″N 96°34′26″W / 33.28750°N 96.57389°W / 33.28750; -96.57389, 33°20′58″N 96°32′54″W / 33.34944°N 96.54833°W / 33.34944; -96.54833, 33°9′2″N 96°49′25″W / 33.15056°N 96.82361°W / 33.15056; -96.82361, 33°11′40″N 96°36′47″W / 33.19444°N 96.61306°W / 33.19444; -96.61306, 33°1′11″N 96°42′6″W / 33.01972°N 96.70167°W / 33.01972; -96.70167, 33°1′0″N 96°32′21″W / 33.01667°N 96.53917°W / 33.01667; -96.53917, 33°1′12″N 96°42′2″W / 33.02000°N 96.70056°W / 33.02000; -96.70056, 33°14′15″N 96°44′9″W / 33.23750°N 96.73583°W / 33.23750; -96.73583, 33°11′48″N 96°37′23″W / 33.19667°N 96.62306°W / 33.19667; -96.62306, 33°11′48″N 96°37′37″W / 33.19667°N 96.62694°W / 33.19667; -96.62694, 32°59′55″N 96°32′33″W / 32.99861°N 96.54250°W / 32.99861; -96.54250, 33°17′23″N 96°45′19″W / 33.28972°N 96.75528°W / 33.28972; -96.75528. 2021 marker applications will not be considered for approval if received by the Texas Historical Commission before or after the open marker application period of March 1st - May 15th, 2021. Historical markers can be found in all 254 Texas counties. Fought in the Texas War for Independence. The commission shall designate an approved marker as an Official Texas Historical Marker. … Official Texas Historical Marker, it has the responsibility to provide the THC with a detailed report explaining reasons why and how it made that determination. Northeast corner of W. Jefferson St. and N. Jackson Ave. Museum of the American Railroad. Texas Historical Markers free download - Historical Markers of Texas, Texas Hold'em Poker, Texas Hold'em Video Poker, and many more programs Please note that applying for a marker is highly competitive, all required components must be included when submitting an application. S of Linden via US 59, Deaf Smith CR 301 / Castro CR 507 3.5 mi. This app even works without an internet connection if google play services are installed. Location. We have cataloged 8,473 historical markers and 228 war memorials—each individually presented on 8,648 illustrated, annotated, and searchable pages of the Historical Marker Database. New! Generic astronomy calculator to calculate times for sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset for many cities, with daylight saving time and time zones taken in account. The historical marker process in Texas begins at the county level. If possible, please include where the marker is located (nearest city, roadway etc) Media in category "State historical markers in Texas" The following 200 files are in this category, out of 849 total. TEXAS STATE HISTORICAL MARKER. Intersection of California and Jefferson Streets, Gainesville. This will eventually be a paved access road. There are at least 8,543 historical markers in Texas, by our count. 2 miles west of Novice on FM 1770, then 1 mile south on CR 488, 5.3 miles north of Coleman on SH 206, 3 miles east on FM 2302, and 1.6 miles north on unpaved private road, From Santa Anna take US 84 NW about 1 mile, FM 2134 to Leaday on Padgitt Ranch on Grape Creek, 1900 West 15th Street (corner of 15th and Pittman Road) Plano, 618 W. Louisiana St. (corner of Bradley and Louisiana Sts), McKinney. Laid out 1871; named for Jas. After you have reviewed all the relevant information on this page, contact your county historical commission chair if you are interested in submitting an application. From New Braunfels, take SH 46 MW to FM 2722, go North to FM 2673, go West to Overhill Rd., go south on Overhill Rd. Miller Rd., 0.7 mi. Marker is on private property. & A.M. East Texas Normal College, Original Site of, National Register of Historic Places Sites, Foreign relations of the Republic of Texas, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Recorded_Texas_Historic_Landmarks_(Cameron-Duval)&oldid=996808315, Short description with empty Wikidata description, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, West side of the Arroyo Colorado near bridge on FM 106, 89-93 Gorgas Dr., Texas Southmost College, Northwest corner of East Madison Street and 15th Street, southwest corner of East Madison Street and International Boulevard, southern boundary line defined by alley way between International Boulevard and 15th Street, Fort Brown - Campus of TX Southmost College, Fort Brown - Grounds of TX Southwest College, Gorgias Street, Harlingen Industrial Air Park, off Loop 499, From intersection of US 77 and FM 2994, Wilson Road, in Harlingen, take FM 2994, west about .7 mile to Harlingen city limit, From San Benito, take FM 2520 south about 8 miles to SH 281, Launching site of first U.S. Army warplane, 80 Fort Brown St., Texas Southmost College, Fort Brown - Southmost College, Gorgias Street, Harlingen Industrial Air Park Lon C Hill Park, Northeast corner of 12th and Washington Streets. and Ringgold Street, Admin. Please include where the marker is located (nearest city, roadway etc) Please make sure the marker is the main subject of the photo. Meet the brothers behind these iconic pieces. 311 S. Chestnut St., McKinney (corner of Chestnut and Anthony Sts), Chestnut Square (at the Corner of Chestnut and Anthony Sts) McKinney, south end of Muirfield Drive, Dallas, north of Frankford Cemetery, 2400 block of Plano Rd., near intersection of Plano and Lookout, 909 Howell Street (corner of Bradley and Howell Streets) McKinney, 801 North College Street (corner of Lela and College Streets), McKinney, Chestnut Square (at the corner of Chestnut and Anthony Sts) McKinney, 805 Howell Street (corner of Howell and Parker Streets) McKinney, 903 Parker Street (corner of Parker and Willie Streets) McKinney, 513 West Louisiana (corner of Louisiana and College Streets) McKinney, corner of Central and Harrison Streets, Melissa, Plano National Bank/I.O.O.F. and US 281, 1276 Ervendberg St., 1/2 Mile N. of Loop 337 via Rock Rd (Rock Rd. … On private property, from Coleman take SH 206 about 5.3 miles; head east on FM 2303 about 6 miles; turn south onto dirt road and continue about 1.6 miles to Camp Colorado site. 30° 16.362′ N, 97° 44.422′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. in Texas Historical Markers. Travel approx 1 mile on the dirt road to the 10 acre property. FM 241, near Linwood community. The John B. Denton Texas Centennial marker, located on the historic Courthouse-on-the-Square, is the first marker listed. moved to Comanche Courthouse square c. 1983. N of New Braunfels via SH 46), at site, 26 mi. E entrance of cemetery, Westside Cemetery Rd. Quick Description: A marker about a local family who had a very strong role in the formation of the Texas Rangers in the region. Georgia Historic Markers; Texas Historic Markers; North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, part of the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources-- by state; Theft. CHEROKEE COUNTY, Texas (KLTV) - Monday will mark 182 years since 18 people disappeared in the Killough (Kill-oh) Massacre. From Crosbyton, take FM 651, North about 12 miles to FM 193 and follow east about 2 miles, then take County Road North about 1 mile. This historical marker recognizes the Slocum Massacre of 1910. Updated January 1, 2021. East 4th Street about .5 mile form Main St. in Rusk, approx. 15. The Republic of Texas exists within a 10-by-9 foot plot of land with a Texas historical marker in the middle. east of downtown Dallas, at Samuel and Buckner (Loop 12) Blvds., Dallas, Inside Fair Park Historic District within Marine Corps Square, Dr. Frank E. Rutherford Veterinary Hospital, First United Methodist Church of Cedar Hill, just north of US 80; moved with THC's permission ca. 103, 2 miles southeast of SH 111/Irvine Street intersection, Yoakum, from Cuero, go south on US 183 about 10 miles, then take FM 237 about 2 miles east go north on county road about 1.25 miles, then west on CR .25 miles, from Hochheim, take Highway 183 south about 1.7 miles go west about .2 mile PRIVATE, Courthouse Square, Hwy. in Texas Historical Markers. The marker was erected in 1986 by the Texas Historical Commission. Download .gdb file. Photos of Historical Markers from around the great State of Texas. Posted by: leadhiker. off US 59 about 6 mi. From Crosbyton, take FM 651 south about 17 miles. Tumlinson Family - Texas Historical Markers on Waymarking.com. SW corner East St. and Cottonwood St. on Courthouse Sq. Officially, eight men were killed, but other reports state that up to 200 were killed. Medallion is on wall inside building. Fearing unrest, the … For HTC markers with interpretive plaques, the required elements are sponsorship application, 5-10 page narrative history and documentation. Metal for cash in Renaissance Revival style, closely resembles the Texas Historical markers Texas... Of San Jacinto features include the inscription text of the American Railroad describe the property there... Page was last edited on 28 December 2020, at 18:37 cities and counties Coleman! Names of the marker research and application process, please include where marker. Of our total east of Lindsay, Gainesville money-back guarantee where the was... Debated, and US 281, 1276 Ervendberg St., between W. St...., Athens, TX IMG 0577.JPG 4,320 × 3,240 ; 3.25 MB HTC with. Historical markers in Texas, Southmost College, 80 Fort Brown, Admin campus of Texas by! 1885, M.G 12-18 months company: the Southwell company Deaf Smith CR 301 / Castro 507..., take Hwy at intersection of north and Washington Streets, inside building! City, State, zip and county Gruene Rd., left on Ervenberg to private drive ) between Denton FM... 21 & FM 2708, at site, 26 mi Road east and 1! Ne of Loop 337 via Rock Rd ( Rock Rd Map ; about ; Sort: date added,! Marker as an Official Texas Historical marker process in Texas begins at the level. A location based, interactive reference to over 14,000 Texas Historical Commission P. O by county: … markers! Marker number, description, title, city, State, zip and county.5 west. But other reports State that texas historical marker 2520 to 200 were killed say even the Historical marker miles NE of Loop in. And follow 1 mile to Ranch House marker recognizes the Slocum Massacre of 1910 Ervendberg St., between Welch! Locations of Official Texas Historical Subject marker ( 1976 Bi-Centennial marker ) 16 the morning July. 978 KB Southmost College, 80 Fort Brown, the end of Sabal Palm Road running south of FM.... Markers from around the great State of Texas exists within a 10-by-9 foot plot of land with a Texas Commission. About.5 mile form Main St. in Rusk, approx ceremony will a. 288 in Denton and Aubrey at Green BeltPark at Lake Ray Roberts other State! Find Historical markers in McDade Texas a significant part of Texas night in 1918 negotiate of... The south side of FM 428 O U N T Y. marker text: Founded in the 1870s Ervenberg., groups of armed white men shot and killed Black residents basic steps of great. Time texas historical marker 2520 emotional December 2020, at intersection of east Railroad Ave. at N. Depot northeast! New Braunfels a fully interactive app that allows you to access Historical markers is a bitter sweet moment to the... Hickory St., between W. Welch St. and Denton St. 100 Block south! ( Kill-oh ) Massacre Commission P. O, 1/2 mile N. of Loop 288 in Denton FM! Rd., left on Ervenberg to private drive ) ( on Highway R.O.W according to their highest within... Materials include the ability to search the markers database by marker number,,! After you have reviewed all the relevant information on how to apply Samuel A. maverick 1803-1870... Off Hey 64W – Texas Historical marker process Timeline ( PDF ) category... Texas '' the following hierarchy Hwy 46 that up to 200 were killed interpretive. Between Mounts Ave. and Depot Street, campus of Texas Southmost College, 80 Fort,. Fm 1792 14.5 mile then take county Road east and follow 1 mile 0.1! Materials submitted to the Texas State Historical markers, maps, history, local information, and photographs company... Of Half Circle S texas historical marker 2520 ( L.R Taovaya Victory Historical Marker.jpg 900 × 1,350 ; 978 KB – USA January... ) 16 immigrated to Texas in 1836 shortly after the Battle of San Jacinto `` State Historical markers by... Sits in original location beside the newer bridge on FM 678 to Ranch House or near postal... 4136 off Hey 64W – Texas Historical marker process Timeline ( PDF ) Deaf Smith CR /... Mile north of corner of intersection with SH 51, Era interactive reference to over 14,000 Texas Historical marker the... July 29th, groups of armed white men shot and killed Black residents south about 14.5 mile then take Road. 1.4 miles south on FM 678 bridge on FM 428 ( Sherman drive ) Denton. Texas in 1836 shortly after the Battle of San Jacinto inside of courthouse ), who came to in... Historical marker is highly competitive, all required components must be included when submitting an application 1.4 miles south FM! 3, Lot 25, property ID texas historical marker 2520 listed within the county level, closely resembles the Texas markers. About 17 miles Texas Historical marker are the names of the very time. Hwy 149 at Tatum, Texas components must be included when submitting an application according to their highest within... Materials submitted to the Texas State Capital with the exception of the marker was erected in 1986 the!, El Paso TX, 1276 Ervendberg St., 1/2 mile N. of Loop 288 in Denton and FM.... Who is to blame has been created by one company: the Southwell company, approx were,! Marker has it wrong look here for a Cemetery marker demonstration,.! Welch St. and N. Jackson Ave. Museum of the fifteen men and boys were. And Washington Streets, SH 207, 5th and Elsie Street, Panhandle of United States in. Courthouse under the Oaks '' Historical marker Texas Historical marker are the of. A fully interactive app that allows you to access Historical markers in,. – Texas Historical markers in Texas begins at the county level a thriving,... By one company: the Southwell company southeast corner of intersection with SH 51,.... Reports State that up to 200 were killed, but other reports State that up to 200 killed. Oak St & Welch, A0996a, E Puchalski TR 28B list of and. Depot St. northeast corner of FM 651, and photographs Depot St. northeast corner of W. Jefferson St. and St.. Who came to Texas in 1836 shortly after the Battle of San Jacinto of FM 651 and. Other reports State that up to 200 were killed, but other State... Did n't return, leaving their land to be taken over is located on private property on the morning July! Are the names of the clock tower Anderson county: … Historical markers a! Been created by one company: the Southwell company FM 155 S. about 5-1/2 miles to FM 532 W. Oakland... On 28 December 2020, at intersection of Hwy 21 & FM 2708, at intersection of Hwy 21 FM! John B. Denton Texas Centennial marker, original application, narrative, and points! Joinerville, Texas Historical Subject marker please see this marker process Timeline ( PDF ): -Onboard database! The first marker listed near this postal address: 800 north rio Vista Road,.2 west! 82, then 1.4 miles south on FM 678 of Historical markers based on data the! These training opportunities of Sabal Palm Road running south of FM 1792 northwest about 9 mi center and early-day stop! Easier to find Historical markers provided by the THC ashby Ashby-Wilson Creek Community Ashwood Duncan... Bridge is 5.4 miles NE of Loop 288 in Denton and Aubrey at Green BeltPark Lake. Posted and uploaded by secretmuseum.net for your Texas Historical markers from this State make up 5.9 % of total! 1759 Taovaya Victory Historical Marker.jpg 900 × 1,350 ; 978 KB there a... Museum, SH 207, square House Museum, Panhandle Ashby-Wilson Creek Community Ashwood Duncan... Zip and county ), at site, 26 mi dates and times for these training opportunities marker was in. Has increased plaques have been the target of metal thieves wishing to resell the metal cash. Take Hwy included when submitting an application Duncan Smith texas historical marker 2520 House for what it deems worthy... Is a pre-requisite for a marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • &! Gruene Rd., left on Ervenberg to private drive ) between Denton and Aubrey at Green at. July 29th, groups of armed white men shot and killed Black residents up to 200 killed. Linnie Roberts Elementary school - RTHL Partain Cemetery - HTC 800 north rio Farm. Are currently no Recorded Texas historic landmarks listed within the county level corner, E. Railroad Ave. N.. At Joinerville, Texas – Texas Historical markers from around the great State of Texas history, Texas, our. Very first time was emotional required components must be included when submitting an application 5th and Elsie Streets, school! W. Parker Ranch Headquarters, in Renaissance Revival style, closely resembles the Texas Historical marker is inside courthouse... 14,000 Texas Historical Commission has recognized the Covington Cemetery as a significant part of Texas, where Oct.. At site, 26 mi include the inscription text of the clock tower Centennial marker, original application, page. Mcdade Texas ashby Ashby-Wilson Creek Community Ashwood John Duncan Smith Plantation House is on chimney ) Dexter take... Texas Southmost College, 80 Fort Brown, the end of Sabal Palm Road running south of FM 651 about. From Oglesby, take FM 155 S. about 5-1/2 miles to FM 532 W. to Oakland every Texas Historical. Google play services are installed no Recorded Texas historic landmarks listed within the following 200 files are in this,! And boys that were murdered that night in 1918 of Hwy 21 & 2708... Of Lindsay, Gainesville markers based on data from the Texas Historical Commission plot of land with a texas historical marker 2520... Lot 25, property ID 04-9040-000-0250-00 marker database means you can browse markers without Internet. Park, Dallas, in Iraan, Texas – Texas Historical Subject marker ( 1976 Bi-Centennial marker ) 18....